At GalliLearn, we create tailor-made training courses by means of:
- Analytical thinking – to break down complex problems into simple and structured components
- Creative thinking – to come up with innovative and effective learning solutions (i.e. trainings that have a real impact on individuals and organisations, and not training tick boxes)
We may not be specialised in your particular area, but that keeps us from entering the Expert’s Paradox (i.e. you know a lot and try to cover too much given the level of your target audience). Being new to your field of expertise allows us to drop the jargon, put ourselves in your learners’ shoes and keep it relevant.
Having said that, we make a conscious effort to immerse ourselves in your content, even your most complex topics, and ensure that your learners get it by making the complex seem simple.
Go beyond your limits
“If you can’t explain it simply, you don’t understand it well enough.” (Albert Einstein)
1. Instructional Design & Content Development
The temptation to jump directly into development can be high. But when creating a training program, you need to spend a significant amount of time analysing your needs, considering your target audience and designing your course.
The design phase includes defining the:
- Learning objectives: what should people learn?
- Instructional strategy: what is the best way for them to learn?
- Overall structure: how is the content organised & what is the flow?
- Storyboard: what is the story / learning scenario?
During the development phase, the end product is created using authoring tools such as Adobe Captivate or Articulate Storyline. This end product can be a training course, a simulation, a MOOC (i.e. Massive Open Online Course), an e-learning module, micro-learning units, a mobile application, a game, a blended learning journey (i.e. both an online and offline course), etc.
Example: What is a blockchain?
This is an example of an interactive and animated lesson (designed and developed by GalliLearn).
If you've ever wondered what a blockchain is, you'll know in less than 5 minutes!
2. Consulting & Training
You may wish to keep part of the design process internally, or even develop in-house. We work as your extended team. How much you want to outsource is therefore up to you. We are flexible.
“I need advice on how to blend a classroom training.”“I want to write the storyboard (or script) myself and you to make it engaging and interactive.”“I'm interested in using virtual classrooms.”“I must set up a Learning Management System (like Moodle) or a collaboration and knowledge sharing platform”.
If you do, or have other questions, contact us.